Libraries will be able to apply to host a Youth Intern at their library.
Prospective interns are responsible for applying to the libraries. To be eligible for DS4Y, interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship.
- Have recently completed post-secondary studies. Graduates of degree or diploma programs from universities, colleges, post-secondary schools of technology, postsecondary institutes and CEGEP. These may be either publicly or privately funded institutions.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance during their internship.
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employments.
- Has not previously participated in a YES Career Focus internship.
Youth Interns participating in a DS4Y internship will assume a variety of roles to improve their employability but their responsibilities must include digital-related activities, for example:
- Web design and web development;
- Coding and App development;
- IT tech support/help desk;
- Hardware repair/refurbishment;
- Social media tools, strategies, and content; and
- Data processing and management.