Employers are required to connect interns with a mentor within their organization for the course of their internship. This mentor will be required to schedule at least 3 conversations/check-ins with the intern, and report on them in a form provided. Conversations should happen within the first month, at the mid-point, and at least 2 weeks before the intern finishes their tenure at the organization.
Mentorship & career development activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on career advancement and opportunities related to their profession;
- Advising on developing specific skills needed for career;
- Helping interns establish a network of contacts;
- Assisting & developing skills for seeking a job, interviewing, and career management.
- A résumé review or Linkedin profile critique
In order to track these activities, please submit the following form upon completion of each activity.